I am pleased with our progress in meeting the District's mission and goals. I believe that all students can reach high levels of learning and that our community of families, teachers and support providers can work collaboratively towards that goal. Finally, we must see the positive results that tell us that our efforts are paying off. I look forward to seeing our students grow! Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. Remember ... it's about, "Learning Together, Seeing Results!" - David East
Recently the RSUSD Governing Board adopted their Strategic Plan that included Priorities and Goals. They are:
Student Achievement and Success
- Students will attain grade level proficiency in English Language Arts.
- English Learners will attain fluency and proficiency in English.
- Students will attain grade level proficiency in mathematics with a clear understanding of numeracy, and the capacity for quantitative thought and expression.
- Students will master 21st century learning skills of creativity and innovation, critical thinking and problem solving, and communication and collaboration.
- The District will provide engaging and rigorous learning environments where student feel safe and want to be in school.
Instructional Support in a Professional Teaching Environment
- The District will support productive, rigorous, and creative teaching environments in which there is widespread acceptance and support for the district vision and mission statements.
Positive Relationships and Community Involvement
- The District will consciously commit to continuously increase the satisfaction of students, parents, staff, and other community members.
- The District will provide all stakeholders with timely, relevant, and open communication in a manner that builds trust.
Fiscal Resources and Operations
- The District will keep safe, well-maintained buildings and grounds.